Dance Studio Policy
*Please read the agreement carefully and sign below.
1. Dance Studio hours are 8am-11pm 7 days a week during the regular academic year to American University students approved by the Dance Program. Studio is closed to students during official holidays and official university closings. Summer reservations must be approved by Dance Program Director. Outside groups must contact the Katzen Facilities and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Reservations are prioritized accordingly: Dance Program Courses, DPA/Dance Program Events, Faculty Rehearsal, Dance Program Course Related Rehearsals, Approved Student Groups, Individual Student Workspace.
3. Katzen Dance Studio access must be renewed every semester to ensure the quality of our space and the safety of our students.
4. All reservations for studio use should be made online at least 24 hours in advance and a maximum of one month in advance. Courses and Dance Program Events already scheduled by the Dance Program do not require a reservation.
5. NEW USERS: Approved access can take up to 7 business days. Once given access, charge your AU ID at a hotspot at least once a week (located next to the vending machines on the first floor of Katzen).
6. Studio users should arrive on time for their scheduled reservation. The Dance Studio Manager and Dance Program Director may limit hours for individuals in cases where scheduling/priority becomes an issue or if the studio policy is not being followed.
7. Food and drinks are prohibited on the marley floor. Shoes must be taken off before walking onto the marley floor.
8. Students and faculty bringing students into the studios are responsible for behavior and use of facilities during their visit.
9. Studio door must remain shut for studio security when no one is in the room.
10. Studio must be cleaned and reset by the end of each session. This includes collecting all personal items and picking up your garbage.
11. Studio may only be used for academic and research purposes. Personal and extramural use of American University facilities, equipment, and supplies are prohibited as stated by university policies and procedures unless otherwise approved by the President, Provost, or CAS Dean.