Mexico’s “gift” to the world

imageThe Academy Awards, the biggest night in Hollywood, is by far one of the greatest displays of cultural diplomacy. The Oscars put on display, for the world to see, the engaging effect of the arts. The Academy Awards are a paragon of what is possible when all nations put politics aside and collaborate. And a great reminder that artistic talent comes from all parts of the globe.

Today’s entertainment headlines are highlighting one of last nights big win for Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron, his work on “Gravity” hits all of the marks needed to do effective cultural diplomacy. Cuaron’s win brings together several facets of cultural diplomacy: ‘the prestige gift’, ‘dialogue and collaboration’ and ‘capacity building.’

Cuaron’s work is acknowledged at the highest levels of the film arts. His work has international appeal and is in high regard both in his home country of Mexico and internationally.

Cuaron’s work is as Cull states, “a use of cultural form as an opportunity to bring people together and create new relationships across international lines.” The Science Fiction drama has a cast and crew from a multiplicity of nations;which created a synergy that helped propel the movie to a whole new level of cinematography. Cinematography that will be used by future directors for years to come.

Lastly, Cuaron’s work is capacity building at play. A head Mexican director directing an American cast of actors allows Mexico to expose American key players in the industry to Cuaron’s style, with the assumption that his style will have aspects of his Mexican culture embedded, as well as expose non-American crew members to the techniques of the American film industry. This allows both to be influenced and takeaway new knowledge that may be beneficial to future work.

Hollywood is an “oldie but a goodie” of cultural diplomacy. It is one of the most prestigious of all the arts, naturally calls for collaboration and depends on borrowing innovative techniques from others in order to stay maintain the public’s attention. Yes, if Hollywood continues to get it right it will remain one of the best instruments cultural diplomacy has to offer.

25 comments:

1. And inside course of such analysis, it emerges that every dollar spent in the pursuit of an online degree
    is prone to increase one’s lifetime earnings more than once
    fold. Businesses are going to heavily determined by customers because
    of their survival, without customers a company would cease to exist.
    ll possess the practical guidance you’ll need on how to take up
    a concierge business”.

My weblog … http://www.projekty-domy.com.pl

2. Providing you are a Director or employee of a company, these payments are an allowable deduction against the Corporation tax liability of the company.
    This is the major reason that has using a health insurance policy in place is vital for your lifestyle.
    For example, if your business is into plants, then you can have a Venus fly trap design for your folded business
    card.

Feel free to surf to my site: Jak wybrać kredyt mieszkaniowy?

3. Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a
    paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally confused ..
    Any ideas? Many thanks!

4. As for me, Animalcare looks like a good deal, in my opinion, and as
    far as my husband and I go, we simply can’t go to the animal shelter ever again. When you read the list of ingredients, you will see
    which are the good protein sources, and which are the cheap and harmful
    bone meals offered by so many of the puppy food
    manufacturers of today. Did you know that almost all dog food comparisons or dog food review
    sites are just dog food companies disguised as a “trusted source” when in fact they are just
    trying to sell you their brand of food.

my website MeuPetCao

5. Have you ever considered writing an ebook
    or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my
    readers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

6. Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this site.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal.

I must say that you’ve done a fantastic job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer.
    Exceptional Blog!

7. As for me, Animal care looks like a good deal, in my opinion, and as far as my husband and I go, we simply can’t go to the animal shelter ever again. When you read the list of ingredients, you will see which are the good protein sources, and which are the cheap and harmful bone meals offered by so many of the puppy food manufacturers of today. Did you know that almost all dog food comparisons or dog food review sites are just dog food companies disguised as a “trusted source” when in fact they are just trying to sell you their brand of food.

8. I got this website from my friend who informed me regarding this website and at the moment
    this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles here.