Commonplace Book: Entry 9

“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!  And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.  For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.  But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.  Luke 12:22-31

This is one of my favorite Bible verses because it truly helps me set my priorities in place. According to Luke, the author of this book of the Bible, we should not worry about the little things in life like we usually do. Personally, I tend to stress out a lot about school and my grades, as a result, I am always under a lot of anxiety which affects my performance in school and leads to more stress. In my case, I know I shouldn’t worry too much about these things because in the end what truly matters is not what grade I get on a paper or if I got the highest grade in the class, but rather if I learned anything that will make me a better person in the future. I also think this verse is successful in inspiring hope to others because the author used nature as a metaphor to talk about humans and everyday struggles.

real-flower-petal-confetti-fields-wick-pershore-worcestershire-2014-delphiniums-chloe-field-photography