4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20016
American University (AU), Washington, D.C.
B.S. Degree May 2019
Biology (Pre-Med); CAS Leadership and Ethical Development Program (CAS LEAD), highly selective 4-year academic certificate program
Honors: Dean’s List, 2018 AU Global Health Case Competition 1st Place Winner, Robyn Rafferty Matthias Student Research Conference Presenter
AU Bender Library Media and Technology Services
2015 – present
Makerspace Senior Assistant
September 2018 – present
- Assist head manager with student training, workflows and operations, and administrative tasks.
- Assist over 100 patrons with academic poster design and printing, 3D printing, and Makerspace creations.
Technology and Media Services Desk Assistant
- Assist over 100 patrons with receiving media and technology items, and accessing media viewing rooms.
Cancer Biology Research Lab Assistant, AU Department of Biology
January 2018 – present
- Perform PCR, western blotting, and immunohistochemistry techniques to study the Tpl2 knockout pathway in a mouse model of skin carcinoma, with a team of 7 undergraduate and graduate students.
Conference Assistant, AU Conference & Guest Services
May 2018 – August 2018
- Front desk receptionist and residence hall on-call assistant for over 1000 summer conference guests.
Death Investigation Intern and Researcher, D.C. Chief Medical Examiner Office
September – December 2017
- Assisted with crime scene investigations, learned standard operating procedures, and observed autopsies.
- Conducted an exploratory statistical case study analysis of the social histories of 100 decomposition cases.
Drumline Music Instructor, 21st Century Summer Enrichment Program
July – August 2017
- Created instructional marching and drum cadences for 30 summer students to showcase at closing program.
Administrative & Clinical Intern, Schneider Regional Medical Center, U.S. Virgin Islands
May – July 2017
- Greeted 40 patients, packaged bi-weekly labs, and assisted secretaries with billing patients and filing charts.
- Shadowed and learned about the operations of a hemodialysis clinic from physicians and nurses.
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
CAS LEAD Student Advisory Board, AU
September 2016 – present
Program Senior Advisor
August 2018 – present
- Spearhead affinity groups, mentor students, and strategic planning assistance for program development.
Senior Operations Co-Chair
January 2017 – August 2018
- Led meetings, spearheaded event programming, and performed outreach and social media communications.
VP of Programming & Programming Chair, Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity, AU
November 2016 – present
- Plan academic and social events in science, leadership, and ethics in collaboration with AU faculty.
- Provide support to the previous VP of Programming with event ideas and booking presenters.
Volunteer, Thrive DC, Washington D.C.
November 2016 – February 2018
- Served meals and facilitated activities for clients during the women and children dinner program.
Leadership, Communication, Research, Microsoft Office Programs, Canva Software, Carvey Machine, Tinkercad 3D printing