Finn, Catherine. “Looking Back: Wonder Bread Factory.DCist, Accessed 10 Dec. 2016.

• This source is a background source. I chose this source because the facts provided on the website help to offer information that can set the context for my location. I used this source in my exterior description to provide direct quotes from people who used to pass by the factory everyday. These quotes helped me create a further relationship between the building, the area, and the people around it at the time it was built.
  • The source gives the researcher information about the history of the WonderBread Factory and parallels that to the 40th anniversary the building was celebrating. Finn also explains a brief history of who took over the factory and when it was built. While the majority of the essay describes the historical facts, it also explains the current day situations that are taking place in the factory. Finn displays direct quotes from frequent customers that used to pass by the factory in the 1900’s. Overall, this article briefly summarized the history of the factory and offers direct stories from those who grew up at the time the Factory existed.

iStrategyLabs. Douglas Development | Find Office, Retail and Mixed-Use Space in the

Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Accessed 8 Dec. 2016.

• This source is also a background source. However, this source offers a different kind of background information than the other website did. I chose this source due to the fact it is taken directly from the construction company itself. I used this source throughout all four of my essays including the analysis because it was able to guide me through insight about the development company as well as the Wonder Bread Factory renovations. I used it also as an exhibit source to show how conscious decisions go into constructing a building or website. All of the information I gathered was able to provide me with information directly from a trustworthy source.
  • The Douglas Development website explains and provides further insight into historical as well as future innovations that will occur in the Wonder Bread Factory and all of their renovations. The website was easy to maneuver and even gave important data regarding the construction and redevelopment process, taking the reader through every step of the way beginning with the planning stages of this construction sight. It discusses the affects that each decade brought to the factory including what Castaneda talks about in S Street Rising when he refers to the factory as an abandoned building. Lastly, the website provides the researcher with case study information regarding every renovation done to the building itself since the development company first bought it.

Castaneda, Ruben. Addiction Battled Ambition For Reporter Caught In D.C.’s Crack

Epidemic. 3 July 2014.

• This source is a background source. The source provides factual information from Ruben Castaneda himself about the experiences he had in front of the Wonder Bread Factory. I used this source to provide straight facts about the extent to which the crack epidemic took over the nation’s capital and how it affected the area surrounding the Wonder Bread Factory and the Shaw neighborhood as a whole.
  • In this interview, Castaneda discusses how the Wonder Bread Factory transformed over the years and throughout the Crack Epidemic. It provides quotes from S Street Rising about what the the Bakery stood as at the time and how it transformed into becoming such a prime zone for crack dealers. The information Castaneda provides also shows how he was affected by the crack dealers and how the rest of the society around them continued without even paying attention to their existence.

Spinelli, Lisa. “Wonder Bread Factory Renovations Almost Complete.Issue Media Group, Apr. 2013.

• This source is also a background source and magazine article that describes the renovation of the Wonder Bread Factory and how it is being used today. It acts as a background source because it provides factual information from the constructors and designers of the Wonder Bread Factory about the motives for redesigning the Wonder Bread Factory the way they did. It is a background source because there is no argument to refute or defend in the statements they are making. This source is an exhibit source. I used this source in my interior to further explain the renovations that occurred inside the Wonder Bread Factory as well as to further my argument. My argument included the fact that many people may walk by this building and have no idea what used to exist. This source helped me to add more facts to my paper about just how much effort went into altering the interior of the building as well as maintaining some of the structures to preserve the buildings history.
  • I used this source to back up the information I was discussing about the renovations done to the interior of the building. Along with that, I also was able to use the source to coincide with the concept I was discussing, about the development company wanting to try and restore as much of the old factory as they could.  The article provides in depth details on the extent to which the building was torn apart and destructed when the Douglas Development company took it over. The article shows pictures and descriptions on the windows, doors, and floor inside the building along with how these were used in the construction of the new office building, which was critical information in my interior description.

Lana, Michelle. “Why Whitespace Is so Important in Web Design.Segue Technologies, 10 Sept. 2015.

• This source is a method source. I used this source as a method source because I used Lana’s method for describing White Space and its importance and applied it to my argument about conscious decisions made by designers. I used Lana’s statements and opinion on the effects of white space on a digital site and the connection made with the customers to apply to my argument. In my digital document, I am explaining how people are unaware of the decisions that go into certain aspects of an area, website, or building.
  • The source explains how a cluttered website can often deter a customer from searching your site. This can be applied to the Douglas Development Corporation website because there are obvious conscious decisions that were made when deciding the proper design to appeal to their customers. I used Lana’s argument as a method for my argument and showed how it can be applied to a multitude of settings or scenarios.

Dorsch’s White Cross BakeryScribd. United States Department of the Interior. Accessed 7 Nov. 2016.

• This source is a background source. I used this source as a background source because it provided facts about the Wonder Bread Factory history, not only of the structure itself but about the owners, developers, constructors, and every aspect of the factory. This source provided me with information about different people that were involved in the beginnings of the factory as well as what happened when the factory was sold and then abandoned. The timeline that this source offers was beneficial in providing facts to help my argument about information people would not previously have known had their ignorance taken over
  • The site explains historical facts as well as information about what Shaw and the factory existed as when the Factory first opened. It also discusses how people were affected by it, the types of workers that worked in the factory, and the impact the factory had worldwide. It provided more specific facts than the other background sources, benefitting my essay with stronger evidence behind how the Factory became what it is today.

Wilson, Jonathan. “Developers Seek to Put the ‘Wonder’ Back in the Wonder Bread Factory.”

WAMU 88.5. 20 July 2012. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

• This is the annotation of an exhibit source. The source describes the renovations that finally began to take place on the abandoned Wonder Bread Factory. The author describes his opinion in saying how developers are trying to put the wonder back into the once abandoned Wonder Bread Factory. He also places a sense of a timeline taking the reader through the process of the initial beginning stages of the factory, the abandoned stage of the factory, and the now renovation stage by the Douglas Development company. Through reading this article I was able to gain further information about the history, present, and future state of the Wonder Bread Factory.

DORSCH’S BREAD ON MARKET FOR THIRTY YEARS. The Washington Post (1923-1954); Jan 8, 1928; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post pg. R5

• This is the annotation of an exhibit source as well as a background source. While the source offers factual information on what Dorsch’s Bread Factory existed as and explained different amenities that the factory contained, it also offers an opinion that can be argued. The author explains the reputation that the factory had as well as providing a perspective that can be argued. Through reading this article, I was able to gain information on slogans that the Bakery had and the what they tried to promote through their bread products.

Paying Attention to Your Surroundings.” Secret Entourage, 8 Oct. 2014.

• This source is an argument source. I used it as an argument source because I took the perspective they are discussing in the article and applied it to my argument to prove that I think they are right. The source describes human tendencies to ignore our surroundings and live our lives with a closed perception. I agree and used this also as a method in my essay to show how this tendency can affect how we learn. If we continue to allow our ignorance to take over our minds, we can miss out on the objects and history around us. Many people would not have seen the office building today, as a historical artifact. This is due to a lack of attention that we pay towards our surroundings. This source provided an argument about how ignoring our surroundings affects us, furthering the argument I also make in my essay.

“Is Ignorance Bliss?Psychology Today,. Accessed 8 Dec. 2016.

• This source is a method source. I use this source as a method source because I take the article’s method of approaching ignorance but apply it to my paper and my argument. The article explains whether ignorance can be seen as a good thing or a bad thing and to what extent does it affect us. In my essay, I use this same approach however I discuss how it can affect our ability to learn about historical artifacts. In my essay, I specifically use this source to show why the argument I make is important and why people would care what I’m discussing to begin with. Without this source, my information would no longer be credible and I am able to take this source as a method to apply to the argument I am making.