St. John’s Episcopal Church, located just outside of the perimeter of Lafayette Square. The church is Greek revival Episcopal Church, originally built in 1816 and has been visited by every president to reside in the White House since its construction. The location of the church, directly outside the square and in a straight line with the White House contributes to the layered aspect of the Squares rhetoric. The church adds a final layer to the location, fusing the greek roots of the church with the presence of American power seen through every President’s visit. This fusion of international and national power and influence is seen in its finale at the edge of the Square within the church.