Kaltura is a web-based application used for uploading and managing video content, creating multimedia presentations, and interacting with students.
Kaltura is built into AU’s Blackboard.
What does it do?
You can use Kaltura to create course videos, conduct video discussion boards, record lectures, and create video presentations. The Kaltura tools integrated into Blackboard can be used by both faculty and students.
Which class can you use it in?
Kaltura can be used in any class where students or professors will be presenting. Kaltura’s web-cam feature can be used in an online or hybrid course to supplement face-to-face interactions. The easy-to-use screen recorder feature can be used to show students your computer screen.
- Interface for webcam recording and uploading videos is very easy to use.
- Allows media captioning.
- Existing videos can be carried over from Panopto.
- Integrates well with Blackboard which extends the capabilities of Blackboard and allows the videos to stay organized in a central location.
- Since Kaltura is web-based, users can create, edit, and collaborate on multimedia projects from any computer with Internet access; there is no software to download.
- Uploaded clips may take longer than expected to become available for editing.