The Research Support Group (RSG) offers support faculty and students researches in various ways, including in-class software training sessions. Faculty can coordinate with RSG consultants to design a customized group training sessions designed to introduce student users to a software package supported in the CTRL Lab. This in-class session demonstrates the application of the product hands-on experience for the class. Skilled RSG consultants with experience using the software lead the training sessions.
Process of Request Fulfillment
Note: Please submit the request for an in-class training session at least 2 weeks before the training date to ensure ample time to match you to the right trainer, book a lab if needed, and provide adequate time for our trainers to prepare for the training session.
- Submit the request form to the CTRL Lab by email.
- Wait for confirmation of receipt from the CTRL Lab.
- Once a trainer has been assigned, the trainer will contact you directly in case there are further instructions that need to be relayed to the trainer.
How to book an in-class software training session
- Submit a request at least 2 weeks in advance of the training session.
- Email a request or the request form (for Quantitative Analysis in SPSS, STATA or SAS) to the CTRL Lab. Please ensure that you supply us with the following information:
- Date and time of the training session.
- Software in which you wish to receive training.
- Professor Name or person in charge of class/group.
- Class code of the class.
- Number of students or attendees (**essential for booking a lab**).
- Whether you have reserved a lab or need us to submit a lab reservation request for you.
- Which location you would prefer for the tutorial
- A list of topics you want covered in the training session. Be as specific as possible.
- Whether you want us to use our own data or whether you will provide the data for the training.