Online Course Design
Building & Teaching Your Online Course
“I want to build my online course.”
- Connect with the Eagle Online Excellence (EOE) initiative, which supports AU faculty members who are designing online courses by providing tools, resources, and expert guidance.
- For insight into the main components of an online course, check out the Quality Matters Rubric used by the EOE Initiative.
- Reach out to the embedded instructional designer assigned to your college to schedule a one-on-one consultation to plan your online course.
- Review the Learning Support Services’ best practices for a wide selection of strategies and tips for course design.
“I want to implement something new or innovate my teaching.”
- Schedule a one-on-one teaching consultation with a CTRL teaching and learning team member. They are prepared to help you develop your syllabus and design your course to increase student engagement, motivation, and sense of belonging.
“How do I … in Canvas?”
- Check out Learning Support Services’ homepage for training videos, upcoming workshops, and resource pages for how-tos on Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, and other online learning tools.
- View recordings of previous Canvas workshops to learn more about the basic functions and tools of Canvas.
- For any other Canvas related inquiries, please contact AU’s Canvas support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-885-3904.