Students in the Saylor Academy’s and NASA’s SSE101: Survey of Systems Engineering course had the option to complete a comprehensive Mars Sample Return mission project. Those who chose to take on this endeavor became eligible for a prize of a private tour of the Goddard Space Flight Center and VIP meet-and-greets with scientists and engineers working on the next frontier of space discovery.
Here are a few sample projects to demonstrate what students were able to produce upon course conclusion:
- Ignacio López Miñana & José Santiago Pérez Cano: Mars Sample Return Mission
- Gary Sutliff: Crowd Sourcing a Mars Sample Return Mission
- Steven C. Martinez: 2024 Mars Sample Return Mission
- Ryan Supler: Mars Sample Return Mission
- Daniel Cottitta, Arturo Davila, Sam Hassall, Ken Sullivan, Steven Smith: Mars Sample Return: Crimson Shift