M.S.Ed. Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University
B.A. Anthropology, University of Hawaii at Hilo (2011)
SSE101: Survey of Space System Engineering
- As the project manager, I led a team of instructional designers, video production specialists, and NASA SMEs to remix public domain content (Aerospace Engineer Lisa Guerra’s Space System Engineering course) with other NASA resources, create video scripts from text-heavy files, and record video lectures with NASA scientists and
engineers. The end result was a first-of-its-kind MOOC that had well over 10,000 students enroll.
- Hosted five live Google Hangouts with students and various guests from NASA including an astronaut and a Nobel prize winning scientist. Links to recordings below.
- Course backend designed in WordPress
OER101: How to Find OER For Your Course
- Designed the asynchronous course to enable faculty interested in incorporating OER into their class to locate appropriate resources for their subject area of expertise.
- Course backend designed in WordPress.
FELLOWSHIPS & AWARDS
OER Research Fellow
Open Education Group (Jun 2017-Present)
- Conduct research on the impact of open educational resources on the cost of education, student success outcomes, patterns of usage of OER, and perceptions of OER. Two publications currently in progress.
Certified Online Instructor
American University (Summer 2017)
- Built hybrid course titled OER101: Integrating OER Into Your Classroom in Blackboard Learn.
- Volunteer house-builder with forPEACE’s 2010 Cambodia Expedition. Our group was brought out to build houses for families who had worked their way through a program of financial sustainability.
- Committee on Information Services, non-voting member (2017 – present).
- Online Teaching Certification Course. Served as mentor in Summer 17. Scheduled to teach in Spring 2018.