March 2017 – Present
Faculty Innovation Technologist: Create, manage, and evaluate faculty teaching initiatives that involve innovative pedagogy and emerging technologies. Primary initiatives include:
- Open American, AU’s Open Educational Resources (OER) grant program
- Faculty Online Training Course for instructors making the shift from teaching face-to-face course to online or hybrid courses
- EdSpace, AU’s WordPress multisite available to faculty, staff, and students for pedagogical applications
March 2015 – March 2017
Marketing Copywriter: Transform marketing materials into investment-worthy business plans, pitch decks, and profiles for startups.
February 2012 – March 2017
Education Consultant: Advise on education resources, tools, and best practices, especially within the realm of OER.
International Business Development Manager: Negotiated partnerships with international organizations using Saylor Academy courses.
Senior Content Analyst: Online instructional design, project management, and OER expert. Researched and recommended tools, technologies, and resources to aid in course creation. Initiated and managed mobile application integration efforts and NASA MOOC.
Personnel and Content Development Coordinator: Worked with subject matter experts in online course creation by providing instructional design support, interactive strategies and tools, and creating training materials.
January 2011 – May 2011
Research Assistant: Conducted research for and helped set up new educational exhibits, transcribed 1800s documents, and designed data collections.
Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology
Purdue University • In progress (expected completion date August 2018)
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
University of Hawaii at Hilo • December 2011
- Built 10 houses in a rural village of Cambodia for underprivileged families as a volunteer with ForPEACE.
- Project manager for the Saylor Academy’s largest joint course creation project to date. In conjunction with NASA, I led the website design, content production, and email newsletters of a Massive Open Online Course on Space Systems Engineering. The course had over 10,000 students enroll.
- Spent 2 years living abroad working remotely.