Education: Associates, Business Administration May 2014 | Montgomery College, Rockville MD Associates, Liberal Arts May 2014 Montgomery College, Rockville MD | Bachelor of Science, Biology May 2019 American University, Washington DC | Graduate Business Certificate, Entrepreneurship May 2019 American University, Washington DC
Relevant Science Courses: Environmental Biology, General Biology I &II, Cell Biology, Genetics, Frontiers in Bio Sciences, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Strategies in Stress Management, First Aid, CPR & Med Emerg, General Chemistry I &II, Organic Chemistry I & II, Astronomy, Physics, Anatomy & Physiology
Relevant Business Courses: Entrepreneurship Business Plan, Introduction to Business, Accounting, Business Law, Writing Technology & Business, Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Virginia Hospital Center, Emergency Room Arlington VA – Medical Scribe January 2018 – Present
Georgetown University Hospital, Orthopedics Washington DC – Medical Scribe April 2017 – Present
• Completed over 3,000 clinical hours | Documented and Evaluated over 11,000 patients to date. • Personal assistant to the physician; performing documentation in the EHR, EPIC, & Med Connect -gathering information for the patient’s visit and collaborating with the physician to deliver the pinnacle of efficient patient care, on the physician’s behalf. All documentation is reviewed and edited by the physician.
• Accurately reflect all work, treatment, procedures, and medical decision making performed by the physician. • Locate past medical records, prior lab/radiology results, or past visit histories for the physician to review.
American University, Washington DC – Creating and Building Ventures Aug 2016 – December 2016
▪ Planned and implemented key elements for: identifying (viable) business opportunities; creating an investor-grade business plan, financial forecast model, 2-minute cocktail party pitch, and presentation deck/pitch; identifying operational/financial resources, preparing company public persona (Crowdfunding profile & social media), and preparing and implementation a milestone checklist for startup launch
▪ Enhanced knowledge and understanding of the critical components to identify, create, and launch a new venture. Developed and applied the knowledge and understanding of entrepreneurship and new venture management in a number of diverse settings.
Georgetown Hill Early School, Potomac MD – Assistant Director/Teacher(K-5) August 2010 – August 2016 ▪ Taught academic lessons and various skills that students will need to attend middle & high school. Organized and planned social events. Organized athletic and academic events in coordination with MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools). ▪ Succeeded in helping students learn and apply important concepts. Hands-on approach to help students understands abstract concepts, solve problems, and develop critical thinking skills. Organized students working together to learn how to collaborate to solve problems. Communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
American University, Washington DC – Lead Tech – Biological Research Aug 2015 – December 2015
• Applied mathematical, statistical, and symbolic reasoning to complex problems and decision-making.
• Independently designed an experiment which demonstrated Antimicrobial effect of garlic against food born bacteria. The aim of the experiment studied the effects aqueous garlic has on Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus pumilus, Escherichia Coli & Salmonella, as well the effect of temperature on the antimicrobial activity of aqueous garlic extract.
• The experiment successfully demonstrated results to make a conclusion, operating various lab equipment, identifying and incorporating scientific literature, presentation.
Tools: MATLAB, GC, Logger Pro | Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint Medical Software: Med Connect, Epic, Allscripts, empowered, Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Grant Proposals: Testing A-AMPs with Adult-Onset Immunodeficiency, the life-threatening intracellular infection in adults in the presence of anti-interferon-γ antibodies.
National Safety Council: CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
National Safety Council: AED – Automatic Electric Deliberator
National Safety Council: Fist Aid and Medical Emergencies
CPE-Accredited Activity: Advancements in Asthma Therapy and Their Impact on Managed Care