‘Birthdays’, Communion, special achievements, … This is an occasion when children become protagonists, often accompanied by gifts. Although they are not the only ones: apart from special events, toys are a fundamental part of childhood, which aims to inspire their creative world, expand their imagination and increase one of the great advantages of being a child compared to adulthood.
Fun activities often evolve so that we ‘burn’ the stages, and although the human mind is programmed to experiment with various forms of play throughout life, unlike in childhood, these types of activities form an integral part of the personal process of growth. That is why choosing children’s toys, whether gifts for our children, nephews or godchildren, whether as an addition to their little world, are tasks that must be carefully considered, and where various factors come into play.
Early childhood, which lasts for up to three years, is one of these creative stages in which play is as basic to children as other daily habits, including eating and sleeping cycles. Cognition, motor skills, language, creativity, and social-emotional intelligence become part of his life through games and toys. Do you know how to choose the most suitable?
- Educational toys are a good source of information for children, even if they don’t want to or aren’t interested in games, it’s hard for them to start an adventure with them. Toys must be desired by children, even from an early age.
- Toys must be safe and always approved. Make sure that they are made with a material that is not sharp if broken, with a solid color and non-toxic. The smaller the child, the bigger the toys and their parts. With e-commerce, it’s easy for you to choose safe toys at affordable prices. There are many attractive discounts in the online market, one of which is L.O.L. Surprise Amazing Surprise.
- Each toy is associated with an age range, which is designed to suit the abilities and interests of children. Check whether the product is suitable for the age and personality of the child, think about goals and attitudes that develop in their daily lives, respect the pace of their learning, and try to enjoy new acquisitions.
- The child’s personality is very important: a child who is withdrawn, for example, will need a social game, with several players.
- As in everything (or almost everything), a little more. Simple toys will increase the usability that can be made with them, develop children’s fantasy and symbolic abilities.
- Momentary desires tend to be bad advisors. Make sure purchases are ‘safe’ and long term.
- Toys are not ‘weapons’ to improve children’s behavior. They are a fundamental part of your life: try not to use them to reward or punish them if they make a mistake.
- On the other hand, excess toys kill fantasy and produce boredom. To avoid this, it’s a good idea to save some toys from time to time and take them out a few months later.
- Children feel the need to be accompanied by their parents, especially when they are young. We must balance these needs with their autonomy stimulation and outreach: spend the time needed with them to learn how their toys and games work, and teach them to play with them.