View resume in PDF
American University, Washington, DC May 2020
Law and Society
Leesville Road High School, Raleigh, NC June 2016
Internship, Carolina Dispute Settlement Serves (CDSS), Raleigh, NC May 2015-June 2016
- Responsible for support to the Executive Director and mediators in the Criminal District Court and Office of Administrative Hearings Medicaid Appeals programs.
- Served as the initial office contact and scheduler for clients wanting services through the Family Law Clinic for indigent clients.
- Developed an article publish on CDSS website regarding benefits of the Collaborative Law process to children going through their parents’ divorce process.
Swim Coach/Instructor, Lifetime Fitness Center, Raleigh, NC June 2016-August 2016
- Instructed groups of children through lessons and swim team coaching through instructional levels as a certified instructor
- Responsible for water safety and the advancement of swimmers throughout course.
Internship, Yesenia Bocanegra Photography, Durham, NC May 2015-August 2016
- Responsible for photo and video documentation of “behind the scenes” aspects of professional photoshoots
- Creating merchandise for clients (i.e. photo albums), assisting course instructor at clinics, and creating and editing videos
- Developed a photoshoot concept which I progressed to implementation
- Received print and non-print name recognition
- Served and develop skills as a model for both photo and video shoots
Part-time Nanny, Raleigh, NC September 2015-June 2016
- Responsible for three children during most afternoons throughout the school year, providing them with homework help, transportation between activities and proving support and encouragement.
Summer Camp Counselor, Jewish Community Center (JCC), Raleigh, NC May 2014-August 2015
- Led groups of children through daily activities
- Provided team building, inspiring best behavior and role-modeling for groups of 8-10 children between ages of 5 and 12.
CLUBS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Leadership Program August 2016-Current
- Transcends traditional boundaries by creating a creative research project and implementing ideas in Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
Club Volleyball September 2011-Current
- Selected as a leader to be team captain, as well as experience in time management.
National Honors Society September 2015-June 2016
- Hours of tutoring and community service while maintaining an above average GPA.
Leesville Liaisons September 2014- June 2016
- Responsible for making new students feel welcome and accepted, giving tours, and meeting with new students for lunch in High School
- Leadership: Selected as a leader among friends, in the classroom, and in team activities, for example, volleyball team captain. Inspired groups of campers and students of swim instruction lessons for maximal engagement in camp experience, kindness towards on another and striving to try new things.
- Ambition: Forged my own path in creating internship opportunities exploring both my interest in law, justice and dispute resolution as well as my creative interest in photography.
- Creativity: Developed multiple photoshoot concepts and successfully presented my vision to Professor/Professional Photographer and asked to take the lead in implementing full conception to fruition.
- Communication: Interacted with clients, lawyers, and judges confidently and with clear and professional oral communication, gaining respect and trust. Wrote a perspective paper for the non-profit dispute resolution center about Collaborative Divorce which was selected for publication. Communicated effectively with campers of all ages, their parents, and camp staff and administration, ensuring safety and clear exchange of information.
- Organization: Involved in athletics, clubs, and social activities throughout high school combined with internship actives. I applied organizational techniques to maintain strong academic track record despite additional work load and challenges
- Scuba diving, traveling, horseback riding, volleyball, and photography