Best Way to Cope with Grief

Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) are very real.The loss of a loved one is one of the most difficult experience to have and I know from personal experience. My father died May 14, 2013 due to cancer and diabetes complications. Watching him suffer was an awful experience for me. I have never seen anyone endure that much pain. To make matters worse, I tried to save his life, but my efforts were useless. It is unfortunate to see your loved ones parish and working on moving forward from that situation can also be difficult. However, at some point in my life I have encountered each and every stage and overcoming each stage was a painful experience. Although, due to my unfortunate circumstances, I had an effective support system.Thanks to the support system I had with my family, school, after-school programs and community, I was able to overcome most obstacles during the grieving process. Having a solid support system is what can help with moving forward, especially those that are young. I believe having a distraction, someone to talk, or guidance from a peer can be helpful solution to dealing with grief.