Elbo Market

I visited the location the man from Log Cabin Liquors claimed to formly be John’s Place. That area/building is torn down and now a corner store called Elbo Market located at 1731 7th St NW. As I entered, I was immediately greeted by friendly workers in this convenience store. However, the store clerks were a bit uneasy with me entering the store and asking questions about the neighborhood and their place of establishment. I met with a nice store clerk named Elias and he gave me very limited information about the neighborhood. Elias has been working at Elbo Market for about five months now and was very unsure to when Elbo Market opened, but does it believe the store became apart of the neighborhood five to six years ago. Elias described the minimal changes within the neighborhood such as traffic light reconstruction and the new  apartment buildings across the street located in 1700-1730 7th street NW. From his descriptions, it seems as though the 1700 block of 7th street NW are receiving the effects of gentrification.