The Nutrition for Mothers program will empower mothers across the country to prioritize their nutritional and physical activity through clear and comprehensive lessons and outreach.
- Increase knowledge about basic nutrition
- Promote feelings of empowerment/self-efficacy
- Increase exercise
- Increase whole food intake
- Program planners will pilot test nutrition education activities and lesson materials to three culturally and socioeconomic different communities in Philadelphia (North Philadelphia, Rittenhouse, and Manayunk) in September of 2021. (Process)
- When filling out the survey at the end of the program 30% of program participants will be able to identify and explain the importance of macronutrients. (Impact, Knowledge)
- By the end of 2022, the program will expand to New York and Chicago to continue educating mothers across the country. (Outcome)