The Community-Based Research Scholars program is a selective living-learning community at American University for first year students. This program provides students with an opportunity to collaboratively engage with local community partners to conduct research that helps to inform solutions for a pressing community problem, identify avenues to effect social change or evaluate program impact.
To learn more:
- Visit this link for more information about the program.
- Visit this link for more information about our past projects with community partners.
Media Coverage & Blogs:
- Building Bridges: CBR Students Work with DC Homeless
- Food for Action: Community-Based Research Scholars Help LAYC and Seek Answers
- Scholars Partner with Community to Identify and Solve Problems
- Volunteering is More than a Resume Builder