FASHION FIGURES

By Kwesi Billups

I’ve established the versatile form of content that music serves as, but how else do artists choose to configure their rhetorical meanings into artful messages. What we wear is determined by who and where we are in a given snapshot in time. High fashion is an industry that is often looked upon by consumer masses as inaccessible and ostentatious, however fashion is yet another art form used not only to communicate, but to maximize utility. The fashion industry has morphed into an amalgam of pop culture, functionality, and enterprise defined by the countless stylistic actors working determine the creative direction for the next wave of both universal and hauteur trends.

High school prom nights are often characterized by particularly flashy formal wear.
Stylistic choices are always bound in form by the context of our actions and meanings. Who will I be around? Who do I want to present myself as? What are the physical limitations and opportunities presented by my location?

Shifts in seasons have come to represent shifts in selves as we modify our closets to suit the weather as well as our own stylistic inclinations. However, what happens when local weather moves drastically between both ends of the temperature spectrum, as in the case of DMV weather this week, blurring the lines between the defined fashion seasons of Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. Fashion demonstrates that rhetoric is as much visual as it is written or listened, because we find ways to effectively broadcast our personal styles, without sacrificing the necessity for appropriate protection from the elements. Seamless transitions through irregular meteorological patterns represent the adaptability of rhetorical techniques to fluidly fit every imaginable context.

Colors often serve as indicators of our moods, environments, and disposition.
Processed with VSCO with c1 preset