If you are sending an email from your phone, you may not have access to text formatting options. WCAG 2.1 includes a few techniques for improving the accessibility of plain text content.
Include one line space between paragraphs, a full stop.
- For bulleted lists, use an asterisk * or a dash –
- For Numbered lists use one of the following formats:
- Number followed by a period or a closed parenthesis, e.g. 1. or 1)
- Upper case letter followed by a period or a close parenthesis, e.g. A. or A)
- Roman Numerals (use lowercase) followed by a period, e.g. i., ii., iii., iv., etc.
Include two line spaces above headings and one line below (except if followed by a new heading).
Example Text Email