3673 Stoer Road, Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122
Freshman, School of Public Affairs, American University
Completed three years at Shaker Heights High School (SHHS)
Current International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Candidate
Public Health and Policy Scholar, School of Public Affairs Leadership Program
- Summer 2016- present.
Education Policy Expert
- September 2016- present.
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, STJ Summer Legal Academy
- Summer June 2015. Participated in an extensive Mock Trial program supervised by lawyers and judges.
Deputy Clerk, Cleveland Heights Municipal Court Internship
- Summer June 2015- 2016. Completed clerical work in Judge A. Dean Buchanan’s office.
President, Youth Ending Hunger Interact Club (YEH)/Rotary Club, Shaker Heights High School
- August 2012- present. Organize and promote activities to end hunger in the Greater Cleveland area.
Co-Director, Beyond the Desk Foundation
- June 2015- present. Enable socio economically disadvantaged students to participate in extracurriculars.
- Beyond the Desk website: http://co2015fund.wix.com/beyondthedesk#!
Student Experience Leader, Superintendent’s Student Advisory Committee, Shaker Heights High School
- December 2014- present. Verbalize student concerns to the Superintendent and district administrators.
MAC Sister Scholar Mentor, Minority Achievement Committee Organization, Shaker Heights High School
- August 2012- present. Enlighten underclassmen of strategies for success to reduce the achievement gap.
MSAN Scholar, Minority Student Achievement Network (MSAN), United States
- October 2014- present. Strive to reduce stereotypes and prejudices between racial groups.
Student Group on Race Relations (SGORR), Shaker Heights High School
- August 2012- present. Attempt to increase interaction among students of different races and ethnicities.
Youth Challenge Organization, Cleveland, Ohio
- May 2014- present. Assist physically disabled children when participating in sports.
Secretary, Women’s A cappella Treble Honors Choir, Shaker Heights High School
- August 2012- June 2015. Responsible for clerical organization. Exposed to wide range of music.
Know Abuse, Shaker Heights High School
- August 2014- present. Raise student awareness of sexual violence and other forms of abuse.
Catalyst Student Group, Shaker Heights High School
- August 2014- present. Discuss the importance of education with students at Shaker Height High School.
- 2015 IB Panelist and 2015 Incoming Freshman Panelist
JV/ Varsity Volleyball, Shaker Heights High School.
- August 2012- November 2014. Libero position.
JV Lacrosse, Shaker Heights High School
- January 2013- May 2014. Low defense position.
JV/Varsity Tennis, Shaker Heights High School
- July 2014- present. Single and doubles player.
Club Rugby, Shaker Heights High School
- January 2015- present. Hooker and eight man player.
HONORS and AWARDS
- Attorney Charles Flemming Award, Case Western Reserve University School of Law 2015
- National Latin Exam 2012 Cum Laude
- Volleyball- 2013 JV Most Valuable Defensive Player
- Ohio District 3 Second Place Case Western Reserve University National History Day 2014
- Ohio National History Day 2014 National Alternate
- AP US History Grace Under Pressure Award 2015
- The Shaker Historical Society History Award 2015
- Wells College 21st Century Leadership Award 2015
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations Certificate of Accomplishment 2016
- Blacks in Government: Albert Taylor Memorial Award 2016
- League of Women Voters of Greater Cleveland Legacy Award 2016
- Rotary Club of Shaker Heights Qua Award 2016
Resume PDF File: Mica Jordan’s Resume