Truth

Alex Elle, “Neon Soul”

This poem was written by one of my all time favorite writers, her name is Alex Elle. She is person that inspired me to start my own personal blog and start writing poetry again. This poem is an expert from her book that was just released yesterday, Neon Soul. I find that the older I get the more important truth is to me. I want to interact with people and things and ideas that are very true and very real. Journeying through life with this mindset of lately has brought me a lot of pain but also a lot of joy and growth. In walking in my own truth and light, I am becoming a better me, a better sister, a better daughter, a better lover, a better artist, a better being. The truth can be scary, intimidating, and even confusing but like this poem says its has granted me the utmost freedom and has brought me the most happiness and joy that I’ve felt in a long time. Speaking on more technical terms, her writing style reminds me a lot of Samuel Beckett. The simplicity is what captures me and allows me to stay in the space of what is on the page, her writing and her words. These are the words and the works of art that take me down the deepest rabbit holes of thought and touch my heart and soul; nothing big, nothing fancy and no flashing lights; just truth, thought and passion.