Lincoln Theatre: Public Relations and Social Media Reviews

“The Lincoln Theatre.” Facebook, www.facebook.com/pg/TheLincolnDC/reviews/. Accessed 30 Mar. 2017.

The Lincoln Theatre has an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars on its Facebook page out of a total of 165 reviews.  The majority of people (105 out of 165 people) gave the theatre 5 stars and described their experience at the Lincoln Theatre as “scary good” , “nothing short of amazing” and “excellent acoustics”. Some of the less favorable reviews were directed towards the environment or the staff working at the theatre, such as, “Neighborhood seemed a bit sketchy”, and  “unfortunately, its poorly run”.  Additionally, there is an “About” portion on the Facebook page that displays the theatre’s address and telephone number as well as a brief history of the theatre’s ties to Cab Calloway and Duke Ellington from 1922. The about page also includes, information about I.M.P, the company that has own the Lincoln Theatre since June of 2013.

The Lincoln Theatre’s Facebook page will be useful for my research in a way that allows me to see what the general public is having to say about the venue. The reviews are unfiltered and honest which give me a better understanding how guests of the venue genuinely feel and from what demographic of people the critiques are coming from. The Lincoln Theatre’s Facebook page also allows me to view how it is marketed to the public through a social media platform such as Facebook.

Account, The Lincoln Theatre Verified. “The Lincoln Theatre (@TheLincolnDC).” Twitter, 29 Apr. 2017, twitter.com/TheLincolnDC. Accessed 30 Mar. 2017.

The Lincoln Theatre has a mere 3,433 followers on Twitter in comparison to the 9:30 Club’s 88.4k twitter following despite the fact that they are under the same management and just a few minutes in commute away from each other.  The Lincoln Theatre is tries to display its classical elegance even on such a contemporary social media platform such as Twitter.  The account bio reads, “The Jewel on U” referring to the theatre’s regal nickname, followed by the words, “Restored” and “revived” “ready to shine brighter than ever before”. Unlike the Facebook account for the theatre, the twitter page is very “fresh” and plays on the theatre’s evolved aspect and is branded at something “better” than what it once was, everything regarding the account is about the latest and the happenings of now. On the Twitter page of the Lincoln Theatre are various tours being promoted, multiple shows and artist that will be performing or recently have performed at the venue. Events at the Merriweather Post Pavilion can also be found on the Lincoln’s Twitter page.

I found the Lincoln Theatre’s Twitter Account to be very helpful to my research. Twitter is probably one of the most,  if not the most used social media platform in the world right now, it is also newer than that of Facebook. I was able to analyze how The Lincoln Theatre is staying true to it classical, historical vibe all while keeping up with the current times and staying relevant in the world through a site such as Twitter. There is a clear marketing difference from the the way the Lincoln Theatre is branded on Twitter vs the way it is branded on Facebook or even on its own website. Everything from he tweets, to the pictures and even the bio, has a tone of something better than what once was and I found this to be very useful to my research in who the venue is looking to attract and the type of presence it has on social media as a whole.

One thought on “Lincoln Theatre: Public Relations and Social Media Reviews”

1. Hi I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I
    was looking on Digg for something else, Regardless I
    am here now and would just like to say cheers for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute
    but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
    Please do keep up the excellent work.