For your response paper on an outside professional production, you should write your response before the next class meeting after having seen the show. The deadline for this assignment is Friday, April 27. If you would like to see another professional production for this assignment (on Broadway or elsewhere), please get in touch with me.
- On Your Feet! (The Kennedy Center, Washington, DC, closing January 28)
- Young Frankenstein (Toby’s Dinner Theatre, Columbia, MD, closing March 11)
- Something Rotten! (National Theatre, Washington, DC, February 6 – 18)
- Light Years (Signature Theatre, Arlington, VA, February 6 – March 4)
- Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill (Creative Cauldron, Falls Church, VA, February 8 – March 4)
- Chess (The Kennedy Center, Washington, DC, February 14–18)
- Godspell (NextStop Theatre Company, Herndon, VA, March 1 – April 1)
- The Wiz (Ford’s Theatre, Washington, DC, opening March 9)
- Disney’s Newsies (Toby’s Dinner Theatre, Columbia, MD, opening March 15)
- Snow Child (Arena Stage, Washington, DC, opening April 13)
Arena Stage, Ford’s Theatre, and Signature Theatre offer the most reliable discounts for students and under-30/35 audience members. Goldstar will also likely list discounts for some of these productions. The Kennedy Center’s MyTix program will have discounted tickets for Chess on January 29.