B.A., Political Science, expected May 2024
B.A., Public Relations, and Strategic Communications, expected May 2024 Certificate in Advanced Leadership Studies
Community-Based research Scholar
Protect Democracy Intern, Public Citizen, January 2021 – Present
- Worked with activist around the country, locally and in key states, to get them involved in strategic campaigns.
- Research and write on current topics regarding money in politics and election security.
- Conduct social media & online outreach to build campaign visibility & assisting with press outreach and events.
Fellow, Democratic Party of Georgia, November 2020 – January 2021
- Assisted in ballot curating and voter protection initiatives.
- Contacted constituents in key counties around Georgia to increase voter knowledge and turnout.
- Participated in “Get out the Vote” programs and voter liability virtual trainings.
Program Mentor, DC READS, September 2020 – Present
- Work in the Higher Achievement program mentoring children, ages 9-13, academically, and socially
- Assist children with reading, writing, and math skills.
Finance Intern, Jennifer Wexton For Congress, August 2020 – Present
- Assist with prospecting donors
- Updated NGP solicits
- Contacted donors for fundraising purposes
Head Tutor, Vienna Tutor, August 2019- May 2020
- Tutor students in grades 3-10 in mathematics and science
- Created and develop tutoring guidelines and best-practices
Intern, Suhas For Virginia, August 2019- November 2019
- Assisted with phone banks and voter registration.
- Canvassed daily two weeks before election day.
Campaign Volunteer, Virginia for Joe Biden, April 2020 – October 2020
- Served as a volunteer for Joe Biden’s campaign in Virginia.
- Assisted with voter registration.
- Trained in data entry and prospecting.
- Hosted and created phone-banking events online.
Volunteer, Elizabeth Warren Campaign, November 2019 – March 2020 –
- Canvassed Bi-weekly for 4 months.
- Assisted individuals in registering to vote.
- Aided in phone banks monthly, while also holding personal campaign events with friends and family.
- Registered attendees for multiple rallies and events all around the DMV area.
Volunteer, Oxfam America, June 2017 – June 2019
- Served as a volunteer for Oxfam’s refugee and migrants’ program.
- Helped plan and coordinate a World Refugee Day event on Capitol Hill, including developing a schedule for refugee advocates and resettled refugees.
- Translated congressional hearings from English to Arabic.
Volunteer, Penny Appeal USA, June 2016 – Present
- Raised over $5,000 for the orphan sponsoring program.
- Raised money for Syrian Aid and refugee assistance. Campaigned for Yemen food assistance.
- Spread Awareness and knowledge of the Syrian Refugee crisis.
- Hosted dinners with over 500 attendees for Syrian Relief that raised over $200,000.
- Packed over 50,000 pounds of meals for social service programs. Helped Plan and coordinate events dinners for various charitable causes.
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop
- Language: Arabic (reading, writing, speaking)
- Trained in NGP, VAN; MiniVAN, Mobilize, ActBlue
- Social Media Outreach training (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
Board Member, Oakton HS Student Government, August 2019 – May 2020
- Worked to create a sense of community and
- planned and coordinated events such as homecoming, prom, and pep rallies.
- Implemented diversity & inclusion programs to aid transitioning freshmen, particularly those from underrepresented backgrounds.
Head Volunteer, Islamic Relief, June 2016 – Present
- Raised over $5,000 for the orphan sponsoring program
- Raised money for Syrian Aid and refugee assistance
- Campaigned for Yemen food assistance
- Packed over 50,000 pounds of meals for social services programs
- Helped plan and coordinate events for various charitable causes.
Founder, Young Humanitarians, August 2016 – Present
- Founded student organization to provide mental health programs for resettled refugees in the Washington D.C. metro area.
- Worked with psychologists to develop personalized initiatives and resources for refugees.
- Raised over $5,000 for refugee aid and programs that assist in mental health.