4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington D.C. 20016
American University, School of Public Affairs Washington, D.C.
- B.A. in Political Science and International Studies (GPA: 3.76)
- Concentration in Foreign Policy and National Security, MENA region
- Certificate in Advanced Leadership Studies
National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism (START) College Park, M.D.
Research Intern Jan 2019 – present
- Collect data for a DoD-funded research database on international conflicts
- Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of gray zone tactics, proxy warfare, and escalation management techniques used in crisis situations
- Analyze detailed incident summaries to encode relevant variables
- Participate in weekly debrief meetings with team members and senior staff
- Work cited in the research paper Wilkenfeld & Quinn (2019): “From Crisis Management to Conflict”
U.S. Department of the Treasury Washington, D.C.
Public Affairs Intern Jan 2018 – May 2018
- Managed press events, conducted background research, and briefed staff on key issues
- Used Excel data visualization tools to support communication strategy decisions
Housing and Residence Life, American University Washington, D.C.
Resident Assistant Aug 2018 – present
- Serve as a peer leader and mediator for a floor of 70 residents
- Enforce university policies while responding to emergency incidents on duty
- Protect confidentiality of students’ personal information
Bender Library, American University Washington, D.C.
Overnight Supervisor Jan 2017 – present
- Provide research assistance to patrons and ensure safety of building conditions
- Supervise and train a staff of 10-15 student assistants
School of Public Affairs Leadership Program, AU Washington, D.C.
Teaching Assistant Aug 2017 – May 2018
- Served as a project advisor, point of contact, and mentor for 52 first-year students
- Facilitated development of leadership skills through team-based community action projects
- Statistical analysis, quantitative research methodology, database management
- Writing, copy editing, student journalism, leadership development
- Technical: R, Excel, Google Drive, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- Language: Spanish (reading, writing, listening)