Transforming US-Cuban relationships through interaction

cuba

In his article “The Relational Paradigm and Sustained Dialogue,” Harold Saunders speaks of the importance of “continuous interaction” in transforming the United States’ relationships with even “distant hostile” countries. His “relational paradigm” assumes that politics are based on open-ended, cumulative, and multi-level interactions between the “body politic” of two countries (including citizens in and out of official institutions). An example of how the United States’ relationship with one officially very “hostile” neighbor is being transformed through these sorts of “continuous interactions” is described in this Boston Globe article about recent US-Cuba relations:http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/04/20/cuba-and-united-states-are-warily-slowly-thawing-relations/LDEqbKk2hkk4cVn22PuYDO/story.html

The article discusses how, through the “US interests section” in Havana, US and Cuban diplomats and experts are working quietly behind the scenesto cooperate on a range of issues, including combatting human trafficking, improving airline safety, and working on joint public health and environmental efforts. At the same time, American visits to Cuba have increased rapidly, and Americans are now the second largest nationality to visit the island, after Canadians.  Nearly 500,000 Cuban Americans visited last year (thanks to relaxed restrictions on their travel in 2009), as well as another 100,000 visitors on State Department sponsored cultural and educational exchanges. And a surprise announcement by the Cuban government last year that its citizens will now be allowed to apply to travel outside their country means that this exchange could become a two-way street. Despite the continued official hardline of the State Department on Cuba, these sorts of exchanges and cooperation are giving hope to many that relations are experiencing a thaw.

61 thoughts on “Transforming US-Cuban relationships through interaction”

1. Your problem can be sorted out easily by switching to how to fix wireless displays connections in windows 10 mobile as this portal is known to be hub of information as I seized information from here last night was really an great experience.

2. The relations between two countries are really of significant importance. This is really the best way to educate, give awareness and foster closer cultural cooperation between two communities.

3. The Paradigm of US Cuba Relationships are very interesting. The article truly focuses the prime areas of interest where the relationships of both countries converge. Thanks

4. Setup Office is the best and cost effective MS office setup support for your MS office installations for home and office users. MS office is an essential component of every computer as well as one of the most widely used programs.

5. office setup: steep 1: go to office setup website office.com setup Open any browser, visit office setup. steep 2: sign in Microsoft office setup Microsoft Office can be essentially depicted as a pack of office-united applications. These applications Have been strikingly made and expected to fill a particular need. For instance, Microsoft Access is a database device.

6. Visit Norton setup & enter the setup key to get protection. Download, install and activate Norton at norton setup. Norton is one of the best security tools for any of your devices. This is not just a regular tool that removes small viruses and reports bugs. But this is one whole full security provision for your Device.

7. If you send email to any Australian subscribers, Telstra will need to be on your radar. Email on Acid offers email testing in Telstra so that you can make sure your email looks perfect every time.

8. Choose Plumber Near Me for all your plumbing needs. With over 19 years of experience, our highly trained technicians can offer a range of repairs, replacements and new installations for your drain line and more. We offer 24/7 service.

9. I read your post. It is very informative and helpful to me. I admire the message   valuable information you provided in your article. Thank you for posting, again!

10. Thank you for your dedication to writing this great article. I find it interesting to read your article. They are really useful to me and to people who know your article.

11. Come on come on, take my hand , you just have to whisper, I will understand . It’s a photograph taken in Paris, at the end of the honeymoon

12. Typhoon TV is an entertaining application for the two main mobile operating systems in the world; Android and iOS. It is compatible with Windows platforms as well. This app is originally developed to entertain you with high definition quality movies and TV shows.

13. VivaTV is the official clone of Tea TV. The developer of Tea TV back with a new APK with some features which are not on Tea TV. Tea TV provides a one-click feature that means the movie or TV show will instantly start streaming by clicking on the play button.

14. Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I have
    read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark this blog.