4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016 firstname.lastname@example.org 281-979-5594
American University, School of International Service Washington, DC
BA International Service/MA U.S Foreign Policy & National Security 08/2014-05/2018
American University of Madrid Madrid, Spain
American University, University College Honors Program Washington, DC 08/2014-12/2014
The Truman Foundation
Program Assistant Washington, DC
- Responsible for coordinating annual Truman Leadership Week Graduate Fair. 01/2018 – Present
- Maintained foundation database. 27 hours/week
- Assisted with the coordination of various office support activities.
- Provided analytical support for office policies and procedures.
Executive Office of the President Washington, DC
E-Discovery and Forensics Intern 08/2017- 12/2017
- Responsible for original research on cyber security issues. 18 hours/week
- Obtained strong computer forensics skills.
- Attended and reported on staff meetings and Office of Administration meetings.
- Evaluated various programs and policies in support of office staff.
Center for a Free Cuba Washington, DC
Intern 08/2016- 12/2016
- Conducted original research on human rights issues in Cuba. 20 hours/week
- Maintained organization website.
- Wrote original pieces to be published by Center for a Free Cuba.
United States House of Representatives Washington, DC
Congressman Ted Poe’s office, Texas 2nd District 01/2016- 05/2016
- Attended and reported on public policy briefings. 18 hours/week
- Wrote memos for staff on various legislative and foreign affairs issues.
- Maintained office database.
The Tribune Newspaper Humble, Tx
Intern Reporter 06/2014- 09/2014
- Conducted confidential field interviews. 30 hours/week
- Wrote original articles published in The Tribune.
- Responsible for editing both my own work and that of colleagues.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
Phi Mu Fraternity, Executive Committee Secretary, 01/2016-12/2016 Washington, DC
Phi Mu Fraternity, Lead Reporter and Editor, 08/2015-12/2015 Washington, DC
Network of Enlightened Women, 08/2015-present Washington, DC
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office; Social Media
- Experience with multi-cultural interactions
- Experience with event organization and planning
- Proficient oral and written Spanish skills
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
- Italiano’s Restaurant. Server, 05/2017-08/2017 Humble, Tx
- Lia’s Restaurant, Server/Host, 08/2017-12/2017 Chevy Chase, MD