Salted Coconut Caramel recipe

• Ingredients
  • 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 vanilla bean or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 (15-ounce) can of full-fat coconut milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • DirectionsTo a medium sauté pan, add the brown sugar. Add the vanilla bean (or extract) to the sugar and pour in the coconut milk. Turn the heat to medium and allow the mixture to reach a gentle boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.

Using a spoon, skim off any of the extra coconut fat that may be on the surface. If you want, you can even run the caramel through a sieve. (I did this extra step and didn’t regret it.) Mix in the salt and transfer to container to cool. The caramel will thicken as it cools. Store in the fridge. Just keep in mind that it needs to be reheated when it comes out of the fridge so it has that silky smooth texture again.

Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups caramel

http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/salted-coconut-caramel

caramel

What makes caramel smooth and creamy? Compared to the almond milk caramel, which one do you like the best? Why?

3 thoughts on “Salted Coconut Caramel recipe”

1. I am glad to visit here thanks for the nice posting.You have made a new recipe with the use of Salted Coconut Caramel.It is looking wonderful…i think i am going to try this at home.Thanks for sharing

2. I抦 impressed, I must say. Really not often do I encounter a weblog that抯 both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent; the difficulty is one thing that not enough persons are talking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled throughout this in my search for something relating to this.