While banana bread is pretty common, this is my first time knowing that we can also use sour cream to make one. This special recipe by Kraft is ready to serve in 1 hour and 15 mins for 16 servings! Happy baking 🙂
What You Need:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Breakstone’s or Knudsen Sour Cream
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas
- 2-¼ cups flour
- 1-½ tsp. Calumet baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped Planters walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F
- Beat butter & sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs and sour cream; mix well. Add bananas and combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan (usually 9×5)
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 min. and remove pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Discussion Question: I’m wondering what’s the difference between bread without sour cream and the one with it? Does sour cream only add flavors to the bread? Or does it help with the final product texture?