Detox Water

Water is one of the most beneficial things that you can put into your body, if not the most important.  On average you should be drinking 1.5 liters per day.  We have all heard of various food diets that people try but one that I am hearing about is a water detox diet.  In high school, my friends parents tried a water detox diet for a week where there nutrition came from water,  cayenne pepper, real maple syrup, and lemon – all mixed together.  The health of these diets seems ok for the short term but could quickly become dangerous if the proper research does not take place.  Attached is a list of various recipes for detox water and their benefits; including fatigue and even a hangover cure.  These detoxes should be used as a supplement to eating a healthy and balanced diet!

http://theodysseyonline.com/tampa/10-detox-water-recipes-that-actually-work/317662

Discussion Question: Have you ever tried a detox water recipe?  Which one on the list would you try?

25 thoughts on “Detox Water”

1. I have never tried a detox water recipe, but after reading the article, I think I will definitely try it. I will probably choose the seventh recipe which is ginger, lemon, red apple, and beets because I am often fatigued and I want a boost of energy.

2. Detox water is really a great way to provide nutrients, stay hydrated, and be creative. I have done water detoxes in the past, and I currently drink water at every meal, throughout the day, and during workouts. The article you shared provides some really great suggestions for water detoxes and I look forward to trying them out. I especially would like to try the lemon, cucumber, ginger, and mint combination, it sounds like it would be very flavorful.

3. These sound like interesting combinations. I also have never tried a water detox before, but I would probably try the watermelon and lime combination post workout to see if it actually helps rehydrate.

4. I have done water detoxes in the past but I have never tried any of the recipe listed on the website. I always drink water with slices of lemon and cucumber. It is very good for the health and also for the skin.
    I will definitely try the lime and watermelon recipe!

5. Yes, I have tried the pomegranate and strawberries detox water. Other than being high in health-boosting nutrients, this water also keeps you hydrated and relieves bloating. I would like to try the lime, cucumber, and kiwi water.

6. These sound like interesting combinations. I also have never tried a water detox before, but I would probably try the watermelon and lime combination post workout to see if it actually helps rehydrate.

7. Water is the source of life, without water we will not be able to live, excessive diet is not good. all must be balanced. my experience, healthy water is water put outside the house for 1 night, let it condense, drink in the morning.

8. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what you’re speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally visit my website =).
    We will have a link trade agreement among us