Vegan Blueberry Muffins

This week I thought it would be interesting to have a healthy recipe with a fun twist. Recently I found an amazing recipe for vegan blueberry muffins, using all natural vegan ingredients. This recipe also shows us how you can substitute ingredients and still obtain a similar result, possibly even a tastier one! And on top of it being a great recipe, it’s a fun video too with many favorite’s rapper, Waka Flocka Flame (Who’s also a vegan)!
What other ingredients could you substitute in order to make similar muffins? How would that ingredient make the muffin different?
  Here’s the link

4 thoughts on “Vegan Blueberry Muffins”

1. I love this post and the fact that you tried a vegan recipe since I am vegan myself. Some great substitutes for eggs are bananas or apple sauce. The consistency serves the same purpose as the eggs do when baking muffins, pancakes, or others of similar texture. Also, almond milk or coconut milk are great to replace cow milk. Another substitute from animal product to vegan ingredient is maple syrup instead of honey! I hope your muffins were amazing!

2. One ingredient that can be added to give a similar result is xanthan gum! we used it in today’s lab as a gluten substitute to keep the effects of the missing gluten structure to make sure the muffin looks normal and doesn’t fall apart.

3. I’m also a vegan and I typically use more baking soda and make sure I avoid over mixing the batter so it stays fluffy! I’ve learned that a lot of vegan baking is in how you mix it. Today I learned that Waka Flocka is a vegan… good to know!