Buttermilk Pancakes are the Best!

buttermilk

In a pinch and you’ve run out of buttermilk?

Lemon and Milk 

In a 1-cup measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.  Top the lemon juice with with skim, low fat or whole milk.  Stir and let sit for two minutes.  After two minutes, your milk is both acidic and curdled.  Perfect!

Yogurt and Milk

Mix 3/4 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup of milk.  Stir and make it a quick substitution for buttermilk.

Milk and Cream of Tartar

Mix 1 cup of milk with 1 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.  To ensure that the mixture doesn’t get lumpy, mix the cream of tartar with 2 Tablespoons of milk.  Once mixed add the rest of the cup of milk.  Cream of tartar is an acid and will simulate the acidic environment of buttermilk in a pinch.

There’s lots of ways to substitute ingredients when you’ve run out of things. What’s an easy substitute you like to use?

92 thoughts on “Buttermilk Pancakes are the Best!”

1. After the lab, I’m greatly compelled to make buttermilk pancakes from scratch, but because of the lab, I’m most inclined to use the lemon and milk solution. However, yogurt and milk should be interesting. Would it make a more viscous buttermilk than the lemon and milk solution?

2. I’ve never tried this, but I heard that using bananas instead of flour makes a great pancake. It would be interesting to try!

3. For substitutes in cooking, I’ve previously used apple sauce as a substitute for butter in baking, and I’ve had pretty good results. I’ve also tried bananas in pancakes, and they didn’t taste as different as I expected them to, and I’m definitely interested to try bananas in other recipes too.

4. Amazing blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?

I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..

Any tips? Thank you!

5. JPPOKER | Agen Poker Online Indonesia Terpercaya.

Promo Dari JPPOKER:
    – Promo BONUS DEPOSIT Sebesar 10% u/k New Member.
    – Promo Bonus Harian Sebesar Rp.10.000 Setiap Harinya 1x Per-ID Anda.
    – BONUS REFERRAL Sebesar 15% Seumur Hidup.
    – Dan Dapatkan Bonus TURNOVER Sebesar 0,3% Dari Jumlah TurnOver ( TO ) Anda.

6. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am having troubles
    with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody else having identical RSS issues?
    Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly
    respond? Thanks!!

7. Get the biggest bonuses and jackpots, up to hundreds of millions of rupiah every day,
    only at 1xbet indonesia, the biggest and most trusted betting online, Thank You click here

8. I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important information. I would like to peer more posts like this.

9. Hello there I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by error, while
    I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the
    excellent work.

10. Senior Master Sbobet Adalah Agen Resmi Sbobet Di Indoneisa yang di Support Bank Aktive 24 jam Seperti BCA, MANDIRI, BRI, BNI, DANAMON Dan CIMB NIAGA yang akan memudahkan Anda dalam Melakukan interaksi

11. Do “the people” have a place in complex international negotiations in the form of non-state groups, or should those choices be left to the delegates of involved countries? This December, approximately 40,000 delegates, officials, and experts will gather in Paris for the 21st UNFCCC COP to try to hammer out a new climate change regime. In preparation for this huge influx of people, the French government has set up three specific areas within the Paris-Le Bourget site of the COP (“COP21/CMP11 CONSTRUCTION WORK” 2015). Activist groups seeking to advance their own agendas have strategized for months how to best convey their desires; they will descend upon Paris to express those wishes as loudly as possible. Their goal is to force negotiators to create a new and more effective regime to mitigate and reverse the effects of anthropogenic climate change.

12. pengeluaran hk adalah situs terpercaya untuk semua hasil keluaran result HK dan pengeluaran togel hongkong,dan semua sejarah togel honkong.

Pengeluaran HK juga menyajikan prediksi togel yang bergengsi di dunia, terpercaya bagi pecinta togel dan terlengkap di dunia.

13. Senior Master Sbobet Adalah Agen Resmi Sbobet Di Indoneisa yang di Support Bank Aktif 24 jam Seperti BCA, MANDIRI, BRI, BNI, DANAMON Dan CIMB NIAGA yang akan memudahkan Anda dalam Melakukan interaksi situs judi

14. Ketuapoker Adalah Agen poker online Resmi indonesia yang di support Bank ternama di indonesia Seperti BCA, Mandiri, BRI, BNI, CIMB NIAGA Dan Danamon Yang akan selalu online menemani anda dalam bermain di Situs Judi Online

15. No one can refuse the value of your article, but should you add more picture for reader can easily understand about what you want to transmit. Anyways, thank for your shared.

16. Ketuapoker Adalah Agen poker online Resmi indonesia yang di support Bank ternama di indonesia Seperti BCA, Mandiri, BRI, BNI, CIMB NIAGA Dan Danamon Yang akan selalu online menemani anda dalam bermain di Situs Judi Online

17. I am commenting to make you understand of the outstanding encounter my child gained reading your blog.
    She discovered plenty of pieces, most notably what it’s
    like to have an incredible giving mood to have folks really easily comprehend some complicated matters.
    You truly exceeded our desires. I appreciate you for offering
    the beneficial, dependable, explanatory not to mention fun guidance on your
    topic to Evelyn.