Matcha Custard Pie for St Patrick’s Day
In celebration of St Patrick’s Day, the owners of Four & Twenty Blackbirds bakery in Brooklyn shared the receipt for this delicacy.
- Heat the oven to 235F
- Whisk ⅔ granulated sugar, 1½ tablespoons flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Stir in ½ cup of melted unsalted butter, then beat 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk at a time
- Beat a couple of minutes more, stir in 2 cups heavy cream and ½ teaspoon vanilla, and strain into a par-baked-10-inch pie shell
- Bake about 50 minutes, rotate it 180 degrees after 35 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is still wobbly
- Cool it down and adorn the whip cream
Does anyone know how to make gluten-free or bake-free (if possible) custard pie? It would be interesting to try though!