Why Meat Shouldn’t be Your “Go To” Meal…EVER

Many people are unaware of the damage eating meat does to one’s body and health. This has been misunderstood for a number of years now. It is important to note that I am in no way judging anyone who does eat meat because not everyone is knowledgeable about the effects. Eating meat is not only animal cruelty, but also extremely unhealthy. Studies have shown that consumption of meat can leads to cancer, heart disease and many other diseases. Consumption of meat can also lead to erectile disfunction in men. The link below further discusses these issues.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/137865-8-reasons-meat-is-bad-for-you-yes-even-chicken

Question: What are some misconceptions you have heard regarding eating meat?

[Remember: this post is not to have an argument under, just to get different perspectives on what you have been taught]

4 thoughts on “Why Meat Shouldn’t be Your “Go To” Meal…EVER”

1. I come from a culture where our cuisine is mostly based around white rice and meat so I always had this misconception that eating a lot of meat is actually very good for my health. I guess not…

2. I’ve always heard about meat and cardiovascular disease. And of course I heard about the cancer link last year and the subsequent “omg bacon has betrayed us!!” freakout.

I’m pretty skeptical of that article’s claims beyond the first two points, though. Yes, the links with cancer and heart disease have been demonstrated in studies, but the other things listed on there seem to be unproven, exaggerated, or more about the meat industry than the meat itself.

For instance, number 3 really seems like an example of “correlation does not equal causation,” number 7 reads like speculation rather than proven fact, and number 6 is flat-out ridiculous. There’s nothing wrong with eating hormones, especially “natural” hormones. We produce those same hormones!