Kitchen Experiments

Looking for some fun to have in the kitchen? Morgan Shanahan compiled 17 fun kitchen experiments using common household foods. Although it may be designed for kids, the science behind each experiment is really interesting and we have talked about some of these reactions and processes in class over the semester. Including everything from molecular gastronomy, to acids and bases, this list is a great way to try out some of the cools things we have learned. I’m really looking forward to making my own yogurt and trying out the lemon battery experiment. After all we discussed over the past few weeks, it is really great to see that other people are talking about the science of food and how fascinating it can be.

Question: What cool experiment would you add to the list?

One of the 17 cool experiments

7 thoughts on “Kitchen Experiments”

1. What a great site! I have a 5 year old niece who loves to cook with me and she would absolutely love making the edible glass! Really cool and easy!

2. Experienced wet plate photographers will be able to see developer pour problems and fogging, perhaps from the hot weather, at the bottom right. But I like happy accidents.

3. My daughter still just gums at 14 months because she only has 2 teeth, LOL. But what a great solution if that day comes!Congratulations to your little guy for graduating to a big boy room… can't wait to see the reveal!

4. mei 30, 2012  11:24 pm Forrester. Let me think, can I even remember a Forrester? Old age and the Big A are setting in on me you know. I have no golf game and i am planning to play Wednesday but I am afraid once Doyle and the guys see how bad I am they could not let me play with them on Thursday. Maybe Joe would let me play with him and Adam but I am afraid I may not be excellent enough even for them. Looking forward to seeing everyone.