Although I love the food from my home country (Dominican Republic), it is very caloric and fatty. One of mi favorite dishes is Chofán, which is our own version of fried rice. This dish, however, is very fatty. Nevertheless, there are many healthy alternatives, such as this one: Low-carb cauliflower Chofán.
The ingredients for this dish are:
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (corn, soy or peanut), divided
- 1½ lb of boned, skinned and shredded supermarket rotisserie chicken
- 1 large carrot, diced
- ½ broccoli, just the florets
- 1 big white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- ½ cauliflower head, grated (see notes)
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce (or to taste)
Just like with regular fried rice, we must sautee and the ingredients, which makes it very easy and straightforward.