Researches have found a “striking” new side effect from eating fast food. – Manuela Mejia

Today I read an article from The Washington Post. It discusses how the rise of processed food that we put into our bodies has coincided with an alarming growth in the size of our collective gut. In addition, the George Washington University has done a research that links fast-food consumption to the presence of harmful chemicals. The research states that people who eat fast-food often have higher levels of phthalates. This would eventually lead to increased rates of infertility, especially among males.

You can find out more on this topic here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/15/researchers-have-found-an-alarming-new-side-effect-from-eating-fast-food/

Question: How many times a week do you typically eat fast food? Do you feel that it affects you in a certain way?

French-Fries-random-35742326-1600-1455

8 thoughts on “Researches have found a “striking” new side effect from eating fast food. – Manuela Mejia”

1. Very good information to have. I myself have made it a habit to generally avoid fast food the past few years, and on the now rare occasions I have it feel sick to my stomach. This processed food is simply not compatible with human bodies.

2. I usually have fast food once, perhaps twice a week. Perhaps it is because I have not dieted without it, but I usually don’t notice the bad quality of what I eat. However, this article is definitely a wake up call and I will be double checking the food I normally get from these restaurants.

3. I try not to eat fast food at all, but sometimes fast food is the only option. I think that this article is very interesting and especially important for college students to read. Fast food can definitely be cheaper and faster, but the biological side effects seem to outweigh the convenience.

4. I eat fast food maybe once a week just because it hurts my stomach when I do. It is crazy to think that the chemicals in it can affect other aspects except just weight gain.

5. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to
    see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now
    broken and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off
    topic but I had to share it with someone!

6. I simply wanted to thank you again for that amazing web page
    you have created here. Its full of ideas for
    those who are truly interested in this kind of subject,
    primarily this very post. You really are all so sweet plus thoughtful of others as well as reading your website posts is a
    good delight with me. And such a generous treat! Ben and I will
    have enjoyment making use of your suggestions in what we need to do in the future.
    Our collection of ideas is a kilometer long which
    means that your tips are going to be put to great use.