Soy Allergies

So, even though I turned out not to be allergic to gluten, I did find something out that explains a lot of my allergy problems in the past. One of the weird allergies that I possess, the other being tomatoes (go figure), is to soy. This basically means that if I eat a lot of soy, I get horrible stomach aches, and sometimes even throw up. My doctor explained that I am just allergic to soy beans. So, I can eat a few, but not too many or I’ll end up with this horrible headache and stomach ache. This usually means that I can’t have soy products either. So soy sauce is a big no. However, I have finally found alternatives that can be used instead of soy, which really does help me when making a meal that includes soy sauce for some type of flavoring, and plus a lot of these alternatives are also high in protein content!
Is there anything you’re allergic to? If so what do you use for an alternative?
Soy replacers

3 thoughts on “Soy Allergies”

1. Thanks for sharing. I think most do not realize that people can suffer from a soy allergy. It is important that people know that this can be a possibility, and that there are good alternatives.