Soy Allergies

So, even though I turned out not to be allergic to gluten, I did find something out that explains a lot of my allergy problems in the past. One of the weird allergies that I possess, the other being tomatoes (go figure), is to soy. This basically means that if I eat a lot of soy, I get horrible stomach aches, and sometimes even throw up. My doctor explained that I am just allergic to soy beans. So, I can eat a few, but not too many or I’ll end up with this horrible headache and stomach ache. This usually means that I can’t have soy products either. So soy sauce is a big no. However, I have finally found alternatives that can be used instead of soy, which really does help me when making a meal that includes soy sauce for some type of flavoring, and plus a lot of these alternatives are also high in protein content!
Is there anything you’re allergic to? If so what do you use for an alternative?
Soy replacers

11 thoughts on “Soy Allergies”

1. Thanks for sharing. I think most do not realize that people can suffer from a soy allergy. It is important that people know that this can be a possibility, and that there are good alternatives.