This semester we discussed healthy eating, what it means to be gluten-free, and eating vegan. This post will give you the ingredients you need to avoid the processed cereal products, leading to a healthier cereal alternative.
Would you consider using quinoa and coconut milk to make breakfast instead of whole milk and General Mills cereals?
Is this meal quick enough to make during your busiest day?
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter, if desired
- Combine bananas, spices, walnuts and agave in a small bowl and toss to coat.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add banana walnut mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until bananas start to caramelize.
- While bananas cook, divide quinoa into two bowls and pour coconut milk on top. Warm in microwave.
- Add caramelized banana mixture to quinoa and drizzle with almond butter if using.