The series of homemade Greek recipes continues, with homemade tzatziki. Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt like sauce, that most of us here in America know from Cava. In Greece, every meal is accompanied by tzatziki and Greek people love to eat it on pita bread. Have you ever had tzatziki? Did you notice that every place has its own recipe? Why do you think that happens?
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Persian cucumber, small dice
- Juice of 1 lemon plus more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, lemon juice garlic and dill. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust salt, pepper or lemon juice depending on your preference. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.