Sophie Elizabeth Walsh
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20016
(469)-219-7900 | email@example.com
Freshman, American University, School of Public Affairs
Graduate,The IB World School at Plano East Senior High School
Honors and Awards:
AP Scholar Award (2015)
High School Democrats of America Junior Officer (2015)
French Club Public Relations Manager (2015)
AP Scholar with Distinction Award (2016, 2017)
4th Place at Texas State History Fair (2016)
Debate winner at Texas Junior Statesmen of America Fall Convention (2016)
International Baccalaureate Diploma (2017)
American University Scholars (2017-Present)
School of Public Affairs Leadership (2017-Present)
Dean’s Scholar (2017-Present)
Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive
Language: French (proficient in writing and reading)
Employer: Lt.Col. Danielle Ann Krasnesky (9032279806)
- Caretaker of three children ages newborn-11
- In the Fall of 2016 I transitioned to being a live in nanny for this family.
Preschool Sunday School Teacher (2014-Present)
Bedstart Ministries (2014-2017)
The SmartStart Initiative (2016- Present)
- SmartStart is a student founded non-profit organization with the intent of providing further education to low income children.
- I serve as secretary and treasurer in the organization, keeping our budget and meeting notes.
Relevant Courses and Projects:
- Leadership Development Lab I: Freshman course for the SPA Leadership Program which features weekly class meetings and small group work on a social action project.
- Comparative Politics Experiential Learning Lab: Freshman course for AU Scholars in which we further what we’re learning in the classroom through real work in the field, including trips to embassies, and guest lecturers.