This summer, I am working at the Warner Theatre as an operations intern. I am working closely with the whole administrative staff and specifically working under the Operations Manager, Victoria Shamas, and Executive Administrator, Mare Lewicki. I’m halfway through my second week and each day reveals new challenges. I spend most of my time at my desk, but do run errands around the area and throughout the venue as well. For example, today I took before pictures of the dressing rooms and catering room, which are starting renovations this week, and drafted a powerpoint of before and after pictures. Afterwards, I looked through resumes and picked out 15 qualified people to become our next part time maintenance technician. Right before lunch, I finished the rough draft of the monthly newsletter, which has staff profiles and details about the renovations. I was able to use my writing abilities in both scenarios. I enjoy doing small, but meaningful tasks like this, as well as talking to my supervisors about their experiences in the business and what brought them to the Warner. I can’t wait until I shadow Ms. Shamas during a show and see her duties and the ones of others around her to make a show successful.

Overall though, a day in the life for my internship involves getting on the metro at 10:10, grabbing the mail when I get to the office, and helping Bud or Dana or Victoria or Mare with tasks in the office or around the venue. A day in the life of working at the Warner relies on communication, patience, and multitasking. As an intern, I’ve been able to dip into all the fields in the admin office and have seen how this team functions fully. Every day is very different for me. For example, some days will revolve around administrative tasks, while others I’ll be running around the venue. These jobs are fulfilling because they all challenge different parts of me, from my problem solving skills to my physical abilities. I enjoy doing small, but meaningful tasks, like changing posters around the venue, as well as talking to my supervisors about their experiences in the business and what brought them to the Warner. Each day I learn something new about the Warner’s history or Live Nation as a company. I can’t wait until I shadow Ms. Shamas during a show and see her duties and the ones of others around her to make a show successful.