Have Only Scratched the Surface So Far

At this point I have been in DC for about six weeks and I am starting to settle in. My internship has been incredible so far. I am working as a sports intern with The Washington Times. So far I have covered college basketball as well as the Washington Wizards. Getting this experience at this age is something I never would’ve thought was possible. While I have realized that I may want to get more into broadcast rather than print media, I love my job right now.

As far as living in DC goes, we’ve done some pretty cool things. We’ve seen all the monuments and we think we found the best burger in DC, but we are always looking for new places to eat. Not having a car has been a bit of a challenge, as the metro isn’t the greatest and Uber is super expensive, but there’s so much traffic in DC anyway.

Over the next few weeks I’m looking forward to getting more into my internship and covering more teams as well as continuing to explore my new home. There’s so much to do here and I feel like we have only scratched the surface so far.

-Peter Santo
AU Gap Student, Spring 2017