American University, School of Public Affairs (SPA), Washington, DC May 2024
Political Science (BA), Secondary Education (BA), Advanced Leadership Studies (CERT)
Central Magnet High School, Bridgeport, CT August 2016 – June 2020
Congressional Intern, District Office of Congressman Jim Himes (CT-04), Bridgeport, CT January 2020-March 2020
- Responsible for making and answering phone calls
- Completing casework
- Community outreach and event organization
- Research on Local and Federal Issues
- Constituent correspondence for the Congressman
Sunday School Instructor, CityWide Church, Bridgeport, CT 2015 – Present
- Facilitate lesson plans and teach groups of 10-25 students aged 3-5 for 7 hours every 2 weeks.
Principal Ambassador, Central High School, Bridgeport, CT 2019 – 2020
- Selected by Head Principal to represent school on numerous occasions, including Superintendent roundtables, and accreditation procedures
- Chosen to represent high school in a discussion with Sen. Richard Blumenthal (CT-D), discussing gun violence
- Selected to sit on interview panel to interview prospective candidates for principal
- Asked to speak at Magnet Program Director’s retirement event
Member, SPA Leadership Program, American University August 2020-Present
- Working with a team of 5 members to research the impacts urban gardens have on sustainable and healthy living
Volunteer/Event Organizer, CityWide Church, Bridgeport, CT 2014 – Present
- Organized events to feed homeless and impoverished individuals in housing developments.
Social & Emotional RULER Ambassador, Central High School, Bridgeport, CT 2019 – 2020
- Assist classrooms and teachers in facilitating classroom settings which cater to, and acknowledge mental and emotional health of students and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook; Google Suite; Adobe Photoshop; Congressional Research Service
- Spanish: conversational.
- Well versed in MLA, APA, and Chicago Writing styles.