Giovanni Gutierrez is a Policy, Politics & Law Scholar in American University’s School of Public Affairs. Giovanni Gutierrez seeks a Bachelor of Arts degree in Legal Studies. Giovanni Gutierrez is expected to graduate in May 2022 as part of his Policy, Politics & Law Cohort. He is part of American University’s SPA Leadership Program where he seeks a certificate in Advanced Leadership Studies.
Giovanni is originally from Lima, Peru. He immigrated to the United States in seventh grade. Giovanni lived in Rockville, Maryland and graduated from Rockville High School with an International Baccalaureate Diploma. He was his school-wide Student Government Secretary and President of Rockville for Change, a club that focused on social change throughout the school, and the Minority Scholars Program, a club that focused on strengthening racial minorities’ voices. He was the Director of Communications at a county organization, Montgomery County Students for Change, which focuses on tackling the most challenging intersectional issues facing our generation as a collective student force.
- Replace the picture above with your professional head shot.
- Examine the About Me pages for professionals in your industry of interest noting how they express their goals and skills.
- Create an effective About Me page that states your academic and professional goals.
- Think through the following 3 guiding questions to help you formulate your goals.
- What are my gifts?
- How would I like to further develop them?
- How do I want to apply them in the world?
- Click on “Customize” in the theme options and then “Site Identity” to change the title of your site to your first and last name, replacing “SPA Leadership Portfolio.”
- Once you’ve completed all these steps, be sure to delete this “To Do” Section as well as the “Examples” section below, replacing them both with your own content.
Examples of “About Me” pages from professionals in different industries:
You’ll find that by reading these “About Me” pages, you’ll learn how each of these professionals answers the three questions posed above.
- Michael Hyatt, a best-selling author and leadership consultant
- Shyama Golden, a graphic designer and illustrator
- Samin Nosrat, author and chef
- Dominic Barton, managing director of McKinsey & Company consulting firm