Mentor Post #10

I met with my mentor for probably the last time on Apr. 10, for about half an hour. I had given him my analysis draft to read, which he really liked. He had a couple of suggestions for clarifying my findings, such as why specifically women’s inclusion was not the most influential variable on the durability of the agreement. He also had one correction for me on the concept of ripeness, which I had articulated incorrectly. I told him that I intend to submit the paper to Clocks and Clouds in the fall, and he said he thought I should try for a larger scholarly journal, which, if he is willing to keep advising me and guiding the revision process, I might actually do. I had intended to submit it to the Undergraduate Research Symposium, but unfortunately missed the application deadline because I came down with the flu after attending the March for Our Lives. As an unrelated side note, I highly recommend ALWAYS getting the flu shot. At the end I thanked my mentor for all of his help and guidance over the past year.