email@example.com · (502) 298-7951
American University, School of Public Affairs, Washington, DC May 2024
Bachelor of Arts in Justice & Law
Honors: SPA Leadership Program (Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator) and AU Honors Program
Ballard High School, Louisville, Kentucky May 2020
Honors: Disney Dreamers Academy, Beta Club Scholarship, Future Business Leaders of America President, Beta Club Secretary, Ballard’s Concert Orchestra, Class Cabinet, Student Ambassador, and Board of Education Recognition
Founder, KyInclusive LLC, Louisville, Kentucky August 2020 – Present
- Assists disadvantaged youth, who have been impacted by housing disparities, in the Greater Louisville area.
- Develops different community drives for disadvantaged youth.
Cabinet, Ballard High School, Louisville, Kentucky May 2019 – May 2020
- Programmed and publicized senior activities and gifts.
- Proposed new ideas for the school (i.e., activity buses).
- Accommodated 415 students regarding diverse issues within Ballard High School.
Student Ambassador, Ballard High School, Louisville, Kentucky August 2018 – May 2020
- Delegated as a representative from two committees, one council, two pathways, and three clubs at Ballard.
- Collaborated with administrators and teachers to resolve issues.
- Assisted JCPS at district events, the Showcase of Schools, and at different middle schools.
- Interacted with incoming freshmen through tours and recruited eighth graders.
Data Entry Intern, The Legacy Benefits Group, Louisville, Kentucky September 2019 – December 2019
- Fabricated emails, organized documents, and studied and computed medical information for clients.
Intern, The Jeffersontown Chamber of Commerce, Louisville, Kentucky August 2019 – September 2019
- Assisted with organizing and merchandising gifts, tickets, and t-shirts.
Intern, Greater Louisville Inc. – The Metro Chamber of Commerce, Louisville, Kentucky June 2019 – August 2019
- Conceptualized job opportunities in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana area (15 counties), detected barriers to work along with transportation routes, and suggested ideas at JCPS Workforce meetings.
- Outlined transportation routes to jobs with high employment opportunities in 15 counties.
- Networked and proposed ideas at events and meetings.
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Executive Member, AUSG Women’s Initiative, American University October 2020 – Present
- Hire a staff of approximately 15-20 people for the WI executive board
- Plan programming for the fall and spring semesters
- Organize and lead weekly meetings with WI executive board staff
- Manage the budget for fall and spring semester programming
- Form and maintain relationships with university partners
- Provide weekly updates to the VP of SG
- Attend weekly one-on-one meetings with Student Activities advisor
- Work collaboratively with other programming board directors to ensure co-sponsorships and collaboration
- Working with agents, such as Rich Scibetti with Keppler Speakers, to reserve speakers and guests for programs
- Raise or secure funding for programs and events – i.e. financial co-sponsorships
- Write semesterly reports to be published online and circulated internally among SG providing an overview of all programming and accomplishments from the given semester
- 15-20 hours a week spent managing preparations for upcoming events and planning meetings
- Assemble and moderate intersectional programming for the campus community.
Executive Member, Black Student Union, American University August 2020 – Present
- Event Director
- Execute partnerships
- Plan events
- Design and publicize event details.
- Attain feedback from students.
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Canva, and PowerPoint