Lumen Learning provides high quality courseware, guidance and support for institutions to achieve their goals using open educational resources. Lumen was founded to 1) expand a collective vision of what is now possible with OER, and 2) help K-12 and higher education institutions, faculty, and learners take full advantage of its benefits to cut costs and strengthen student learning.
Lumen operates as follows:
– Collaborate with faculty members to design OER-based online courses that curate and map OER to learning outcomes
– Provide ongoing faculty and platform support for OER-based courses and professional development around effective use of OER
– Recommend continuous improvements to courses and content based on student success data
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Education & Teaching
- Int’l Training/Ed (ITEP)
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Kogod School of Business
Types of Media & Content
- Lecture & Video
How may I use this material?
This resource is open access under a creative commons! This means you’re always allowed to copy and redistribute the work under the condition that you attribute the creator and link to the original work. You’re probably able to also adapt, remix, and build on this resource (granted that you credit the creator and make your remixed version open access as well). However, make sure you look at the specifics of this license, and if you’re unsure, contact the creator directly!
You are free to:
– Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
– Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
– Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.