In another strong weekend for AU Mock Trial, my team and I placed 2nd at Georgetown University’s Hilltop Invitational! This was the first tournament of our competitive season which will (hopefully) take us to Nationals. As a team we prepared two strong legal cases and presented entertaining and credible witness characters. We are taking advantage of the virtual format to include animated demonstrative aids using google slides and powerpoint. I created a map with moving icons and a chart to help organize the expert witness’ testimony, which both received praise from judges.

In addition to our advocacy skills, AU mock trial was also recognized for our sportsmanship. We are honored to have received Georgetown’s Spirit of AMTA (SPAMTA) award which recognizes teams for being kind and fun to compete against. We were nominated by the teams we faced off against and received the highest score of all the teams at the tournament! I am proud to be part of a team that is not only incredibly talented but also fun to compete against!